Wednesday 4 January 2017

Girl Talk | 11 Thoughts Every Girl Has On Her Period


If there is one thing every woman has in common it is that dreaded time of the month. For one week every month our hormones go through the roof, we hate every male on this planet for not having to go through the same thing and we stuff our faces with all of the chocolate in the world to help ease the pain. 

Being a girl isn't always easy but, it is important to see the funny side of things so I put together a list of some of the thoughts I have during my period, and hopefully they will relate to you too. 

'Was that a cramp?'
That sharp pain was either a false alarm or the beginning of the end, only time will tell. 

'Why is there NEVER any chocolate in this house!!'
Probably because I've already eaten it all, but this craving is confirmation that that cramp was indeed the start of my period and not something else.. oh no.

'Is it normal to loose this much blood?'
Chances are it is completely normal and I am just being a drama queen, but still. 

'Shit, I don't have any sanitary items with me.' 
This has been happening to me every month for the past eight years, why am I STILL never prepared and carry around a spare tampon with me when I am out?!

'Why do boys not have to put up with this?'
Look at them all, walking around not bleeding. They make me sick.

'I love my boyfriend.'
He's so kind to me, bringing me chocolate and making me a hot water bottle. I am so lucky.

'I hate my boyfriend.'
Does he seriously have to eat that loud?! He has no idea how painful this is, he annoys me. 

'At least i'm not pregnant.'
How do women give birth? I would much rather deal with this for a few days than pop one out. No babies for me, ever. 

'Why am I crying?'
It's just a video of a golden retriever sleeping, it's not that cute. 

'I put on nice underwear today, I hope I don't bleed on them.'
Aaand there's blood, all over my fancy underwear. Why do bad things happen to good people?

'It's almost over.'
Only another day or two to go, you can do this.

Finally once that is all over I can relax and go back to normal. Until the next month when I have to do it all over again. 

Sometimes I really think we all deserve a medal.

If you want to read the last two posts in my 'girl talk' series here they are:
Things I learned when I stopped wearing bras
The menstrual cup

Adele x






SHARE:

55 comments

  1. great post... have a nice day...
    www.soslubadem.blogspot.com.tr

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved this! the 'at least I'm not pregnant' thought always tries to make me justify the pain haha!
    jen / velvet spring xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about one of the only things that gets me through it! haha x

      Delete
  3. The blood all over the nice underwear is so me and I always get so angry with myself! This is such a funny post!

    http://thecourtneydiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is literally the worst thing in the world isn't it! x

      Delete
  4. Amazing post, I always joke that period is like dying, I've even asked myself once if it's possible to die because of the period. But "I'm not pregnant" one is so true :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always ask myself that haha, glad you liked it! x

      Delete
  5. Haha I love this post; it's so true! Especially the " why am I crying" part . I'm an emotional mess during my time.Definitely a fan of your "girl talk" series. Keep it up!

    splodgeofbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain! Ah thank you so much! x

      Delete
  6. Hahaha. All so accurate and true. Being a lady is rough sometimes, but it just makes us stronger than our male counterparts :-p

    http://www.shyscout.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I avoid my nice underwear for days after my period ends, you know it's always going to be like "surprise b*tch!"

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, you can never be safe though really! haha x

      Delete
  8. ahahah) that's sooo true! I can relate with everything)
    KireiKana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you thought to make a post about this! Something that really bothers me is people treating periods like its some taboo issue... all ladies go through it and its a perfectly natural body function... why does that have to be awkward ? Thanks for this post, it was funny x
    https://ciaraslittleblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more, I think it's important to break down that barrier and this is my little contribution to it! haha x

      Delete
  10. Oh this month! So Sad... I had no products in my house and my husband is totally incapable of going to the store and buying anything related to periods. He can't do it. It's insane. So, I had to get every single purse out of my closet and dig through all the pockets to see if I could make it through the evening and the night until I could go to the store the next day. And that question "Why am I crying"? YEP. I have to ask myself, what's wrong with me? 5 days later I'm fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That literally sounds like the worst situation ever! haha x

      Delete
  11. Love this! 'I put on nice underwear today, I hope I don't bleed on them.' - STORY OF MY LIFE. The amount of cute underwear I have ruined!

    Sophie xx | www.snippetofsophie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is heartbreaking when you notice what happened! haha x

      Delete
  12. Hate when there's no chocolate in the house! Love this post it's so accurate, why do boys not have to suffer like we do? x

    Heather | heathermaisie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always no chocolate just when you need it the most! Thank you lovely x

      Delete
  13. This is so relatable it's unreal. Us girls really don't have it easy haha!.

    charlottesevern.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Literally all so true! Hahah,

    xx

    https://cierramais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's funny, because I ask myself all of these questions haha x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is too relatable and too funny haha! I am never prepared either, and I don't know why I never learn my lesson!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the exact same, I will probably never be prepared haha x

      Delete
  17. Perfectly accurate description of the highs and lows of a womans period haha! I cry at everything when I'm on! I love your blog, I can't believe we only becoming blogging pals now!! xx

    Tash | natashatodd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah i'm glad you like it, and thank you! x

      Delete
  18. lovely post Adele!!! hit the nail on the head
    www.mssparkleandglow.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg I actually LOVED this post. Laughed my head off the whole way through. Especially when you mentioned about still not being prepared this many years on. I am EXACTLY the same. So many pants ruined :') haha! And I cry at golden retreivers, period or not :')

    Such a great post. Can't wait to read more!

    Keep up the amazing work beaut! :) xx

    fashionbloggerstacie.blogspot.co.uk
    instagram.com/fashionbloggerstacie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it, and yeah i'm not going to lie I spend most of my time crying at golden retrievers.. it's not just during my period haha x

      Delete
  20. Great topic. Don't forget "Why am I hot, Now why am I cold" to the list for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I forgot about that one! Realistically there is probably a million more I could add! haha x

      Delete
  21. Loved this blog post, thanks for sharing.

    Patricia Stelmach // Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post!
    - www.youthofthesun.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a wonderful post! ❤ Well done!! ❤❤
    Lots of Love

    Love, Roosi
    blog: somethingfromestonia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. THIS POST IS TOO REAL AHAHAH esp. the second one!

    Sharni // www.agirlandgrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lol, I have def. had many of those thoughts lol

    www.sincerelymissj.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. so funny to read haha :D
    I know those feelings too!

    xoxo
    Swenja

    http://www.overtheview.ch

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can Relate to all of those! The first two the most I guess, but the random crying is also huge with this one *points at myself* xD
    xoxo
    Tama <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. This was such an enjoyable read that made me chuckle. It's great to break the walls a little and go for something different that's real life and relatable.

    Belle | bellebrick.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fab post! Great that we are all in this together :P


    www.upyourvlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is crazy accurate 😂 The main one for me is the loss of blood 😩 Hate it so much! I love how your posts are always so on point and 100%
    SimplyJessyTee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Adele Lydia. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig