Wednesday 22 February 2017

The Fashion Post | Treat yo' self



It is no secret that I am a staunch believer in treating yourself from time to time, and from time to time I mean on a weekly basis. 

 Sometimes I am in super saver mode and go months without buying anything I don't need and sometimes I spend every cent I own on pointless things and end up hating myself, then buying myself more pointless to make myself feel better and in turn hating myself even more than I did in the first place (please tell me i'm not the only one who does this!?) I have been in this phase for the past week so I thought that I would make a post out of the bits I have bought in a bid to justify my actions. 


Along with every other basic white girl on this planet, one of my new years resolutions is to read more. So it is now my mission to buy lots of shiny new books for my mind to ingest and these are the first two to my collection. I am probably the last person to jump on The Girl on the Train bandwagon, but better late than never eh? I am pretty keen to read Hidden Figures before I see the film so hopefully it won't take me too long to get through. 
Also if anybody has any book suggestions please leave them below!


If you have seen any of my recent wish lists you will have seen chunky jumpers and straight leg jeans are regularly featured.. and I have finally quenched my thirst for both. 


I have been on the hunt for a comfy high neck jumper for months and this New Look one is perfect. It is not too heavy so it was transition well into Spring and the dusty pink colour is a perfect addition to my already colourful wardrobe. 

Topshop Jeans (similar)

I have never been a believer in miracles, but I can confirm that they really do happen and these miracles come in the form of light denim straight leg Topshop jeans. I never thought I would find the perfect pair but I finally have, and it was by sheer chance that I popped into Topshop and came across them. 
Fear not, this is not the last you have seen of them, they will be certainly making many an appearance in upcoming outfit posts. 

Please share with me in the comments what you have been buying lately, and make me feel slightly less guilt ridden about spending all my money.

Adele x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I feel you, I can go months without buying anything or spend a stupid amount of money in random things! That jumper is so beautiful though, love it!!! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hidden Figures looks incredible! I can't wait to see the movie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely, down to earth blog, I absolutely love it! You go girl!
    http://bloggerwithoutaclue.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've definitely been in the 'hate myself-buy something-hate myself more' cycle before. It's awful. I love the colour of your jumper! The jeans look gorgeous too. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adele, you have an awesome blog! I have a reading goal for this year too, I read The Girl on The Train about a month back, and would totally recommend it. Let me know how you get on with it. The pink jumper and jeans look so stylish together too! :-) xx

    Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Along with every other basic white girl on this planet, one of my new years resolutions is to read more. So it is now my mission to buy lots of shiny new books for my mind to ingest and these are the first two to my collection. cream shawl , crochet shawl , pink shawl , ladies capes and shawls , satin shawl , lace shawl , green shawl , shawl supplier , beaded shawl , paisley shawl , knitted shawl I am probably the last person to jump on The Girl on the Train bandwagon, but better late than never eh? I am pretty keen to read Hidden Figures before I see the film so hopefully it won't take me too long to get through.

    ReplyDelete

© Adele Lydia. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig